Thursday 14 October 2010

Illuminate Bath 2010

I am the poet in residence for the very first Illuminate Bath festival. I'm very excited about Illuminate; there's going to be some amazing work appearing in Bath's public places for two weeks beginning on the 1st of November. Most of the festival is about visual arts around the themes of kinetic energy and illumination; there will be dance, sculpture, film, music, animation, textiles, installations, theatre, poetry, and workshops. See here for their website. There's an online festival guide you can download, and brochures will be distributed around Bath over the next week.
My contribution has been to write a series of poems in response to the festival themes of kinetic movement and illumination. I have been working in collaboration with Graphic Communication students to develop imaginative projections inspired by the poems, and it is these projections which will form part of the festival. I haven't seen what they've come up with yet, but I'm looking forward to it. There's no set time for when my work will be shown; it will most likely appear at either end of one of the festival's visual projection pieces, or at Green Park Station, throughout the festival. As the poems appear in public, I may also post them here on my blog.
Please check out the festival if you're able, I'm sure it's going to be amazing, and keep an eye out for my poems around Bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment