Monday 25 March 2013

Review of 'The Examined Life' by Stephen Grosz


The Examined LifeThe Examined Life by Stephen Grosz
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

As a layman, I enjoyed this insight into the psychoanalytic process, and was impressed at some of the chapters as Grosz lays out the reasoning behind his clients' behaviour, in an obviously knowledgeable and not at all arrogant fashion. However, I became a little bored by the short chapters and their pithy conclusions: Grosz rarely goes into a client's long-term treatment in any great detail, and when he does he seems to cut things short just when they were getting interesting. Perhaps this is down to the necessarily confidential nature of the material, or the perceived audience of the book, but I was left wanting more.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment